Due to limited space, registration is required.
Thursdays, starting April 27 – June 22, 2017 5:30pm-8:00pm
Dinner is provided and then the separate child and parent groups will begin.
Raleigh Vineyard Church
6894 Litchford Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27615
Workshop Sessions Description
What children will get:
This Interactive workshop for children ages 7-17 is part support, part education and designed for children who have been adopted. This workshop will allow children to:
· Connect with other children in adoptive families
· Learn skills and tools to cope with strong feelings
· Build comfort and confidence in talking about adoption both with their family members and others
· Have FUN!
What parents will get:
Parents will participate in the Caring for Children Who Have Experienced Trauma workshop. This workshop gives caregivers the opportunity to:
· Connect with other adoptive parents to share resources
· Learn how a child’s prior experiences can impact their behaviors
· Explore ways to enhance their strengths as a parent
· Share and learn new skills to influence their child’s behaviors and attitudes